Once you reach the top of a housing list, it’s time to execute your housing plan. Steps here include:
- Requesting any needed reasonable accommodations
- Contacting other players who may be involved, such as:
- The Department of Developmental Services to reassess supports in the new setting;
- Your provider agency for Adult Family Care or Personal Care Attendant services (if you use them) to reassess supports in the new setting; and
- Your local building department if you will be using a voucher in an accessory unit.
This is the time to generalize skills, supportive services, and systems to the new location. You may also find your family member needs additional supports and need to put more in place.
Also consider the following services that are part of our Housing Boot Camp: