Learning about housing (formerly the day long workshop) is a five part Zoom series in which families are guided through materials that will help them to determine what housing options might be appropriate for their family member. It takes place on alternate Saturdays from 9:00 until noon (except the week between Christmas and New Year’s). Dates are: 11/5/22, 11/19/22, 12/3/22, 12/17/22, and 1/7/23.
- Part 1 – Resources for housing;
- Part 2 – Roadmap to housing (part 1): Assessing skills & supports, and applying for housing;
- Part 3 – Roadmap to housing (part 2): Applying for benefits and services,building skills, and moving in;
- Part 4 – Paying for housing: Developing assets, what you can afford, housing models, ownership models, and financing;
- Part 5 – What does it look like? Location, design, construction, service providers,staff training, creating a vision, and next steps.
The cost for the series is $100 per family; hardship scholarships are available. You must register for the full series; it cannot be broken down into individual parts. Worksheets will be emailed to participants before each session; slides will be emailed after each session to those who logged in.
Tickets must be bought in advance at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/learning-about-housing-tickets-443383651437
Questions? Please contact us by email at AHPhousing@comcast.net or by calling 617-893-8217.